Saturday, July 3, 2010

Usque ad mortem

My bleeding heart,
belonged only to you,
and you alone,
my Prince...

I had known,
that I belonged to you,
and you to me,
the moment you let me see
into the mirror of your gentleness.

My love for you,
gave me the courage to follow you,
to Heaven and Hell;
My love for you,
gave me the power to Perish
in your hands.

You, who had loved me,
who were willing to put me
into my eternal crimson sleep,
and entrapped me in your lovely glass bed;
This time,
will you love me enough
to sleep in my crimson bed in place of me,
and set me free,
and let me escape my eternal darkness?

My bleeding heart,
belongs only to you,
and you alone,
my sleeping Prince.

Till death do us part...


This poem is inspired by a short OVA series by Aniplex, called Le Portrait de Petit Cossette, aka コゼットの肖像 (Kozetto no Shouzou).

It has a very fresh, interesting (and creepy/twisted) plot. Basically, a beautiful girl fell in love with an artist in the 18th century and ironically, she was killed by him, and her spirit is trapped in a glass. The glass, after 3 centuries, is now kept in an antique store, where a college boy works as a part-timer. The boy is the only one who can see the girl trapped in the glass and he eventually fell in love with her. Twisted as it is, the boy is actually the reincarnation of the artist who murdered the girl. And to make it even more twisted, the only way for the girl to escape from the glass is to have a man who would love her enough to atone for the sins the artist had committed upon her (in short, murdering her). The boy, of course, is willing to do so for her. I haven't watched the last episode yet, so I'm not sure if he did sacrificed himself for her freedom in the end.

After reading the summary, I guess you (anyone who is reading this) would be able to (more or less) make out the meaning of the poem. I've also added some elements from Kaori Yuki's mangas and JJ Lin's song --- the Killa. So, 1) No, the "glass bed" in the poem is not the glass the girl is trapped in; 2) No, the artist back in 18th century did not love the girl (I think XD).

The title of this post is the title of this poem --- Usque ad mortem. "Till death..." in Latin, literally. Figuratively, it means "Till death do us part". I used Latin because Latin is often used as the language of the dead in stories and stuff, and it sounded cool?? LOL

I had fun writing this one, because it depicted such a twisted love (I mean, the girl still loves the artist, but also hates him enough to want to bring his reincarnation to death; and the "prince" in the poem had loved the girl enough to bring her to her "eternal sleep" and encased her in her "glass bed"). Nyahahaha~ I am so twisted XD

Post a Comment

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Creative Commons License
This blog by Nicole Chong is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.