Sunday, March 27, 2011

New designs

I LOVE military-inspired fashion: military jackets, combat boots, gold/bronze buttons, accessories, etc. I was suddenly overwhelmed by the urge to draw and design, and the brown cropped jacket had been in my mind for a few days. I'm not drawing the back/side view, since I'm really gonna make them into real clothes (I wish I can, but unfortunately, I can't even make an ordinary T-shirt).


The dress, believe it or not, I wasn't really paying attention when I drew it. I was drawing for the sake of drawing. But it turned out great. It's my fave out of the four.



The one with pink blouse >> not exactly how I imagined it. I had wanted it to have more "attitude". I was my fave when I hadn't coloured it. Now it's my least fave after colouring.


And the last one, hmm....I was inspired by a girl I saw when I was waiting for the tram. She was clad in black: black tee, black boots, black pants, and yes, long black leather gloves. And she was walking with a black umbrella. An idea struck me >> a design that has a mix of military and 19th century fashion. And the umbrella turned into a gentleman walking stick.


I have another two designs on the way (still haven't coloured them) for men. I have to say, I'm really liking these designs (which is incredible to me because I usually don't like my designs much after finishing the sketch).


P.S. I know I have ridiculous hair here. LOL

Post a Comment

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Creative Commons License
This blog by Nicole Chong is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.