Thursday, May 28, 2009

Vampyre, Vampire, Nosferatu~

Hmm, I just finished a vampire novel I borrowed from the library, read the latest chapter of VK and rewatched Bram Stoker's Dracula last night (late at night, in fact. Didn't go for bed until one hour before dawn XD)

A vampire-addict I am indeed...>.>

After reading and watching so many vampire-related materials, I found that my favourite would still and always be *dramatic music*....Vampire Knight!!! Haha...

The fact that the thirst for blood can only be slake with the blood of the loved one makes me love it even more. I find that to be very romantic XD

There are so many differences between those three (the novel, manga and movie). The Burning (the novel) concentrated on a myth of the vampire lore that I loathed the most --- the sex. I mean, c'mon!!! Why do Americans have to relate EVERYTHING with sex??!! Give me a break!! The author made vampires seem like they can't survive without sex. This reminded me of the HBO series True Blood (the same old sex, sex, sex *roll eyes*). The only thing that kept me from tossing the book aside was the author's writing style. Her vocabs are incredible!! And her knowledge of history is unbelievable. I always have a thing for books with difficult grammar and words (hehe...) All in all, the story did not impress me.

Bram Stoker's Dracula, although it's the origin of all vampire stories, did not make it into my list either. I know vampires are meant to be scary and monster-like but I kind of got brainwashed by VK and other modern vampire novels. I don't fancy vampires that could change into anything and everything. Anything horrific and ghastly to be exact. I mean, how can the girl kiss that horrible thing?!! I'm sorry. Didn't mean to offend anyone. But I just don't believe in this kind of love.

Speaking of vamp novels, Twilight came into my mind. Well, as I said, I don't mean to offend anybody, but the plot really...sucks. (I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.) Meyer's writing wasn't as impressive as the Burning's author, Squires, or anywhere near it. It was too, for lack of a suitable word --- simple. It felt like I was reading a 7th grader's book. And the plot...God, the plot. It was boring! I mean, initially I found it to be okay but as the story progressed, my interest on the book just vanished. I still like Edward but not Bella. She had come around to be a really annoying and helpless heroine --- the type that I despise. (My favourite type of heroine would 100% be a heroine like Kyoko from SB) I didn't even have the urge to start reading New Moon, for Pete's sake. And I usually finish the entire series of a book. How could ANYBODY say Twilight is the new Harry Potter??!!!! Harry Potter is an icon. A legend! Furthermore, the two books are completely different from each other. Magic and witchcraft against vampirism and romance. How can they be compared? Based on what? Popularity? Wake up people!! It is well nigh impossible for Twilight, or any other books, to surpass Harry Potter.*ahem* My apologies. I got carried away.

Conclusion: VK is the best!!! And Yuuki, please wake up from your confusion. You know you love Zero, not Kaname XD

Post a Comment

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Creative Commons License
This blog by Nicole Chong is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.