Friday, June 5, 2009

Heaven with a Price

I have finally decided to use Copic markers as my primary art medium. Watercolour just isn't right for me. I am bad at controlling the colour and water capacity, which would pretty much ruin my work X(

I have found the heaven of manga art supplies at The Gardens! Yes. I'm talking about Art Friend. It has manga manuscripts and Copic markers!! You have no idea how I felt when I saw the whole rack of Copic markers. I felt like crying. Tears of happiness XD

However, nothing is without a price. This heaven of mine requires a price. A VERY HIGH price in fact. One Copic Marker cost about RM30. And I needed, like, 100 of them!! A 72-set cost about RM1150; 36-set is around RM610; even the smallest set, 12-set needs RM107!!! I'm going to go broke before I even get half of the number I need.

Conclusion: I'm going to have to start SAVING! No new clothes and accessories for at least half a year. T.T I have to save up money from my daily allowance, which is RM27 - RM30. I need to save up to two-third of it. It's not like I can spend more than RM10 at that lousy cafeteria in Monash *bleh*. So, it's going to be at least 4 months before I can lay my hands on my 72-set treasure. *crossing fingers*

The list of tools/supplies I need to buy:

1. Copic Sketch 72B set (The Ultimate Goal)
2. Manga manuscript/ Illustration pad/ A4 White cardstock
3. 0.3 mm mechanical pencil (Optional)
4. 003 Copic Multiliners
5. 005 Staedler Pigment Liners
6. White gel pen and ink
7. White acrylic paint
8. Copic colourless blender

= almost RM2000 *faints*

(And I'm doing this a week before my finals XP I'm SO dead~)

Post a Comment

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com
Creative Commons License
This blog by Nicole Chong is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.